Raf's PSP Development

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

0.35-pre1 out (and Berlios down...)

I finally finished my refactoring of the code to allow for adding the multiple samplerate logic I wanted to add.
I was never able to get libsamplerate to work at an acceptable speed :(
This will hopefully do for now, so I can concentrate on other features..

On a different note, Berlios is down... So I won't be able to post the file.. If you can host it, let me know here and I'll send it to you, and we'll add a link.

Thanks,

Raf.

PS1: Halfast is providing hosting for the file while berlios is down. Thanks man!

0.35-pre1
-Refactored PSPSound/PSPSound_MP3. (lots of things are different. but one thing that is evident to the end user is that the buffers were reduced by a factor of 5. Next -pre release will allow for the buffers to be configurable).
-Added basic multiple samplerate support!
Supported rates:
8000, 11025, 16000, 22050, 24000, 32000, 44100, 48000.
Any rate can be implemented, I just need to add it to the code, let me know if other rates are required.
Note that the samplerate conversion is really linear and simplistic, and hence the produced sound will not
be very good. Still, better than nothing.
-UI now displays buffer percentage (instead of in/out number)

4 Comments:

  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger raf said…

    It's not an official release, so I won't send it to the regular mirrors.. It's just a -pre relese..

    HalfastII is hosting for now.. Look at the blog entry for the link.

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Tony said…

    Shuts down my PSP after the blue screen

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Hradec said…

    Hi dude...

    I'm trying to start an video streaming player using ffmpeg and I would like to grab your stuff as a start...

    Is it possible to you explain the source code a bit so I can have a fast start? I mainly need the WIFI part... I think...
    I could also use the mp3 decode to do the sound part...

    I'm planning to use ffmpeg code to decode the video/audio stream and use vlc on the pc to encode the stream... as a start, it will be limited to just one codec... a codec that the PSP could decode fast enought to display at a reasonable frame rate... maybe simple mpg1...

    thanks by any help man...

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Tommy said…

    awesome program dude, check out my blog at www.tjg66.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home