Raf's PSP Development

Friday, September 23, 2005

PSPRadio Version 0.2b is out!

I just submitted the new ver to psp-hacks.com and psp-updates.com! Expect a link soon on these sites.
gbazone- has been nice enough to provide hosting for the file also! Get it here.
wraggster- provides this link:
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspradio.shtml

This new version has:
-Corrected problem where the app froze when exiting while paused/stopped.
(was caused because threads where suspended/asleep)
-Now can play lower samplerate streams (22K, 11K, etc) let me know well this works, since I only tried it with one at 22KHz.
-Integrated socket header files from NetBSD.
-Socket recv and send timeout set to 3 seconds.
-Corrected problems with httpget that would cause the decoding thread to freeze if the connection failed.
-Preliminary playlist support (version 1). Use the shoulder buttons L (prev) and R (next) to navigate the list.
** This is still work in progress ** Don't expect this version to be perfect, it's just an enhanced 0.1 **

I'm gonna start working on metadata support. This will hopefully solve the problems with the new shoutcast servers.

Note: Some users are reporting some problems with this release. I'm looking into it right now. I'll post a newer version when the issues get corrected. Still, feel free to try this version, and let me know what works, what doesn't. A test procedure for how to recreate the problems would be appreciated as well.
halfast reports that if there's files in the playlist file that don't exist on the ms, then the app will crash.
So, make sure you edit the playlist and only point to real files.
I don't believe the problem happens with URLs necesarily.. Although it may get stuck if it doesn't like a particular URL..
Well, I'll keep working on it, and hopefully I'll have an updated version out soon (Sometime this weekend).

7 Comments:

  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger raf said…

    halfast: It's all in the example
    ie.: in the PSPRadio.cfg
    [MUSIC]
    PLAYLIST=example.pls;

    Then, example.pls (there's one included) looks like this:
    "
    ms0:/somedir/somefile.mp3
    ms0:/somedir/otherfile.mp3
    http://someurl
    ...
    "

     
  • At 12:45 AM, Blogger raf said…

    That makes sense.. Thanks halfast!

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger raf said…

    halfast: Right now I only support multiples of 11K for the sample rate (11, 22, 44); that's why 24 won't work still. Thanks for the report, though.

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger raf said…

    gbazone: Thanks! If you'll let me hotlink from this blog, I'll gladly accept your offer :)

     
  • At 2:54 AM, Blogger Kyle said…

    Awesome program and I know the second I get this to work i'll have a great little thing on my hands (like i said earlier, it'll bring psp music to the next level)...but...I'm having problems with connecting to the default music servers on the program. I'm connected successfully with my static setup (it shows the ip in the bottom right perfectly), but i'm stuck on opening. Is anyone else getting this same problem?

     
  • At 3:16 AM, Blogger raf said…

    Thanks, gbazone!!!

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger raf said…

    yatahaze: The sleep timer is definitely doable. Remind me to add this in the future!.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home