Raf's PSP Development

Friday, September 23, 2005

Next version

I'm hoping to be releasing a new alpha version tonight.
This UPCOMING version will have the following:
-Corrected problem where the app froze when exiting while paused/stopped.
(was caused because threads where suspended/asleep)
-Now can play lower samplerate streams (22K, 11K, etc) let me know well this works, since I only tried it with one at 22KHz.
-Playlist v1 support has been integrated. Use L and R to move to prev, next in the playlist.
(still need to iron out some issues with this).

I also looked at the port 80 issue some users were reporting. PSPRadio can play streams at ports other than 80, just try it with something like http://129.16.159.166:8000/ for example.
I believe the real problem is that most servers that use a port other than 80 are a newer version, that is not compatible.
I think I know what's causing the incompatibility, so this may be corrected on the next version.
(Newer shoutcast streams require the client to accept metadata).

5 Comments:

  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger SHEPHARD FAMILY ENTERPRISE L.L.C. said…

    This is great.....!!!! I will keep your blog handy and continue to keep the updates....

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger raf said…

    godster, mr.vibez: Did you configure the gateway setting in your wifi profile to your router IP?

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger raf said…

    Josh: Thanks for your comments!. I will post a paypal link for anybody interested in supporting my efforts. But people, I want to be very clear. This app WILL ALWAYS BE FREE!! I WONT CHARGE MONEY FOR IT EVER. Donations will absolutely optional, even though greatly appreciated.

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger raf said…

    mr.vibez: Is that what is called? Sorry, don't have my PSP with me. How about the DNS? Also make it point to your router.
    I did see your screenshot, it shows the PSP using 192.168.1.106 for it's IP, which looks fine to me.
    The fact that PVNC works is not really that useful, because your PC is on your same subnet so you're not going out the router. (Unless your PC running the VNC server is outside your network)
    I'll try to add more error checking, logging in future versions.
    The other thing is the fact that I haven't had a chance to integrate NetBSD's socket files, to be able to setup timeouts...

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger SHEPHARD FAMILY ENTERPRISE L.L.C. said…

    Is there any new information up and coming?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home