Raf's PSP Development

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

PSPRadio

I've been working on getting an internet radio client for the PSP.
I want it to support shoutcast servers, and for starters support MP3 format.
I'll worry about the interface later.
I got a C++ framework all set up already. This will allow people to develop applications for the PSP with sound/networking support a lot easier to do.
I got the networking to work too. (The profile is selectable via a config file, along with the mp3 file/stream(url)).

More.. I got the app in a state where it can play an mp3 file perfectly, and also an mp3 stream from a URL!!!!

More things to do (In no particular priority order)
-Nicer user interface
-Support for v1 playlists
-Support for v2 playlists
-Metadata retrieval (display song title from a online stream)
-ID3 tag parsing
-AAC support
-better shoutcast server support
-more configuration availability (buffers, etc)

Vote for your preference! (post)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger raf said…

    Good to know it didn't work; that's good info. Could you give me some more data on what are you using on your server? just regular shoutcast? , icecast, what version, etc.
    Also, if you find any info on shoutcast protocol, it'd be greatly appreciated. I found that it's really hard to come by.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger raf said…

    athlonman:
    I haven't tried either 16khz samplerate or mono streams. I'll try this and try to correct the issues. I see how it shouldn't work, though.
    Thanks for the links to the shoutcast protocol; I'll look at them.. I do have info on how to get the metadata, I just haven't had time to put it in :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home